Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Spy

And last but not least I've been in a cutting frenzy. I'm going to a retreat with my friend who lives in Virginia. It's a "stay-at-home" retreat. You go to the retreat place and sew during the day but you get to go home a sleep in your own bed. I'm really looking forward to it and have been cutting away to get my pieces ready to put together "Faceted Jewels". LOTS of pieces!



There were some ladies at the retreat making placemats and these Christmas tree napkins. I had the pattern for the napkins last year and even bought fabric to make them but never did so when I got home I decided to make a few. And, if you'll look closer, you'll notice I made some tiny ones that will make great ornaments.










At the weekend retreat another lady was making this quilt. It was much bigger than this but I thought I'd start out with the dog. Not sure what I'll do with it now and I know you can't see the fabric really well but it kind of looks like our beagles we've had in the past.





Here's the picture of the I Spy quilt I mentioned in my previous post.












No comments:

Post a Comment